Friday, August 3, 2012

Adventures in Registration

College has been difficult.

Wait, wait, let me rephrase that. Applying and registration has been difficult. Far more so than should be.

I started things back in May, with an application to a school I know I'd be accepted to. It's the cheapest around, with a solid history and a lot of people use it to achieve an associates before moving onto more expensive bachelor degrees elsewhere.

Unfortunately, a lack of correspondence and assistance on their end tied up the application process and resulted in a 2 month long fight to simply have my application processed and get my foot in the door.

Two weeks later and three visits to the campus, all I've accomplished is confirming that my loans are ready. I still haven't been able to get an academic advisor's signature, nor registration, my books, or my college ID/payment card.

I hope classes are not nearly as difficult, and the professors more responsive. I hope it's going to be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Going to college when you are young is worth it. Went back in my 30's taking technical classes in Automotive Design toward my bachelors degree. It was hard to endure some classes when I was more knowledgeable about the subject than the teacher.

    I didn't end up finishing the program. Now I just add the degree to my resume. Like an honorary degree :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to get excited about it as it draws near and everything is finally set up. :)

      I think that's fair - I know a lot of people expect you to have a little piece of paper you have spent loads of money on to say you know it. If you know it, you know it. If you don't, that paper isn't going to do you any good.

      Delete